5.5.15

Guide to Lovely Lashes


Hey guys, Jay here. One thing I always have to do before I leave the house is do something with my lashes. Whether it's applying a coat of mascara or giving them a quick curl, it has to be done. So because I love having long curled lashes I wanted to tell you guys some tricks I use when doing my lashes. Hope you enjoy!


REMOVE
The first thing I do before touching my lashes is take some eye makeup remover on a cotton pad or
Q Tip and run it under my lashes and along them. This just makes sure that if there is any left over mascara from the day before it's removed and you have a clean slate to work from. 

CURL
Some may say this step doesn't make a difference but I could argue that point. Curling your lashes with lash curlers really does make a difference to the lashes. First of all it curls them, makes them look longer and helps your lashes look long and large throughout the whole day. 

TIGHTLINE
I made a whole blog post about this a while ago, but tightlining makes a big difference when doing your lashes. Take any black pencil liner and line your upper TIGHTLINE. Doing this makes your eyelashes appear fuller. Make sure you have a long lasting pencil liner though, because you don't want it to transfer onto your waterline.... Unless you like that look. 

MASCARA
Probably the biggest step when doing your eyelashes in applying mascara. Depending on the mascara you own, mascara can lengthen, volumize and separate the lashes. Some of my favorites are the Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara and the Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara. Use which ever mascara suits your liking. We all like different looks. If you want to make sure you coat every eyelash start from the root of your lashes and wiggle the brush upward to the end. 

WING
Another trick I found is if you want to elongate your lash line then you can easily take a eyeliner of your choice and create a small wing that matches up with the curl of your lashes, giving it the effect of more lashes. 

SPOOLIE
I don't know about you guys but I like clump free separated lashes. And the way I achieve that look is when your lashes are still a bit wet from the mascara quickly take a SPOOLIE brush and comb through your lashes getting rid of clumps and separating them to your liking. 


Do you have any tricks for doing your lashes? 

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! I love the feedback!

Jay Olivia © . Design by FCD.