12.5.15

Testing Liquid Eye Shadow


Hey guys, Jay here. Recently I've come across a different kind of eyeshadow formula I'm not as familiar with and I'm really liking it. So today (like always) I'm going to tell you guys about it. Enjoy!

I have a drugstore and a high end option, but first I'm going to start with the drugstore. The Rimmel Scandleyes Eyeshadow Paint in  Rich Russet. This has definitely been a favorite of mine since I picked it up in Florida. I love that shade and formula. It's a thicker liquid that I just apply to the lower lid and blend upward. You can easily build it up to your liking of pigment, but it's a gorgeous light bronze shade that is great for all over the lid by itself or layered with other shadows. I would recommend using a primer, especially if you have oily eyelids.

Onto the higher end option, the Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Eyeshadow in Beach Sand. This formula is very liquidy as it is oil based. When using the product you have to shake it first as the oil and pigment of the shadow separates. It is definitely more pigmented and long lasting than the Rimmel one, though that's probably why it's more expensive. It's a pretty taupey bronze shade that has a nice gleam to it rather than shimmer that looks glittery on the lid. I use the same technique to apply the Josie Maran one onto the lids as the Rimmel, though the only difference about the applicator is this one has a larger doe foot and has a smaller lid. Overall I've been loving this liquid shadows!

What are your thoughts on liquid eyeshadows?

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! I love the feedback!

Jay Olivia © . Design by FCD.