21.2.15

Tips to Grow out Those Locks


Hey guys, Jay here. These past months I have been growing out my hair (for cancer). At the moment my hair is pretty long and I wanted to share a few tips I had to help you grow your hair long too! Enjoy!

1. NOURISH THOSE ENDS
Nourishing your ends help prevent split ends. And no split ends means you don't have to get your hair trimmed as often and grow your hair longer. You could use anything from a oil to a hair mask. I use Moroccan Oil or the Marrakesh Endz Spit End Mender. You may have a hair mask or conditioner you want to use. All that matters is that you are nourishing those ends. I mean you could even use coconut oil. I heard it's really great!

2.
LIMIT HEAT
Heat is one of the worst things to use on your hair when it comes to damage. I mean we all love to curl our hair and straighten it, but doing it all the time can really hurt your hair. (Though you could always use heat protectant, but that doesn't always work). In the summertime I didn't use heat on my hair at all .Not even once, and it really showed in the length of my hair. I'm not saying not to ever use heat on your hair, all I would say is to try to limit it.

3. DON'T WASH YOUR HAIR 7 DAYS A WEEK
I'm sure you have heard this a few times but it's bad to wash your hair everyday. Personally I wash my hair 2-3 times a week and I'm great! Washing your hair everyday strips the natural oils from your scalp, which help nourish your hair too help it grow longer, as your hair does grow from the top not the bottom. You may think this is gross, but try it out and see how it goes. You might need a spray or two of dry shampoo, but who's that gonna hurt.

4. WIDE TOOTH NOT PADDLE
My last tip is fairly easy. When brushing wet hair after you have washed it, make sure you're using a wide tooth comb over a paddle brush or any other brush you have. It may seem hard and painful to get out those knots but beauty is pain. LOL. Using the wide tooth comb helps to prevent breakage to the hair. Also I have heard about the Wet Brush as well, but I haven't been able to get my hands on it to try it out.

I hope you enjoyed, and these tips helped!

What are your tips for growing out your hair?


Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! I love the feedback!

Jay Olivia © . Design by FCD.