11.7.15

Cleaning My Brushes

Hey guys, Jay here. One habit that I think all makeup users have is not cleaning their makeup brushes. Some say you should wash them every week or every month, though sometimes this just doesn't happen. If I don't use a special brush cleaner or don't have one on hand I always go for a DIY option. So today I wanted to share with you guys how I make my brush cleaner and how I wash them!

First thing I do before I start making my cleaner is get a long container to clean my brushes in so that the cleaner can be spread out along a large area, making it shallower to prevent liquids from getting into the brush heads and loosening the hairs.

To start making the cleaner I start with 1 cup of warm water and pour it into the container. Next I measure out 1 Tablespoon of Vinegar and 1 Tablespoon of Dish Soap or Shampoo and dump into the water, then mix it all together. Then your done!!

After I have made the brush cleaner I gather up all my dirty brushes and one by one swirl them around in the water until I see that all the makeup has washed out. Then I run some warm water under the tap and rinse out the cleaner and soap making sure the brush has gotten rid of all traces of makeup. Then I lay them to dry on the counter with the hairs off the surface so they can reshape.

That is how I clean my brushes! How do you clean yours?

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! I love the feedback!

Jay Olivia © . Design by FCD.