15.1.17

2016 Favorites


Hey  guys, Jay here. As it's the New Year we usually look back on our past year. Though usually we look back on the things we did and didn't do or our character today I'm looking back on my favorite beauty products! Hope you enjoy!

Starting with base I only usually wear concealer and powder everyday so over this past year my favorites were the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer and the Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer. I love the Nars concealer for under my eyes, it's so creamy and blends so nicely and stays all day if set with a powder. The Kat Von D concealer I tend to use around my face. It has great full coverage and is more of a liquid consistency so for sure set it with a powder but it tends to stay all day long!

For eyes my mascara of the year would defenitley be the Maybelline Colossal Cat Eye Mascara. First I do use the waterproof formula and I love it because it holds the curl and length all day long and doesn't flake away or anything. It's a great overall mascara, it lengthens and holds a curl, and as a plus it's drugstore so it's a great price! Then for eyeshadow, as this year I didn't wear much personally I usually just stuck to a little shimmer in the inner corner if anything. My favorite palette for that was the Wet N Wild "Walking on Eggshells" Trio. The shadows are so creamy and pigmented and the champagne shade in the palette is the perfect inner corner highlight!

Also with the eyeshadow I haven't worn much lip color, usually stuck to the natural lip. Though lip balm is a must have for me as I always seem to get chapped lips. My favorite lip balm for this year would either be the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream or the Vaseline Lip Therapy. They both work great and bring so much moisture back into your lips from the second you put them on!

Probably for about 8 months of the year I would wear my hair straight or curled so I was always using heat. Just to fill you in my hair natural is like curly/wavy and frizzy though around the end of the summer I tried putting some curl products in my hair and ever since I've been converted and wear my hair natural all the time. My favorite product to really enhance the curls is the Morrocan Oil Curl Defining Cream. It's like a foam or moose and you just scrunch it into your hair when it's wet or damp! I would definitely try it out if you have like curl or wavy hair like me!

Thanks to anyone who has read my blog, followed, commented or anything! I appreciate the support so much! Happy New Year!

What are your 2016 Favorites?

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! I love the feedback!

Jay Olivia © . Design by FCD.