10.10.17

Birthday Trip to NYC


Since I was only 8 years old or younger I've dreamed of going to New York City. I'm 100% a city girl and the look of NYC from movies, TV shows and the internet as a child I was set on the fact that one day I would be there too. So at the age of only 8 my mother promised me she would take me to the Big Apple, for my birthday one year and this year was the year. I couldn't have been more grateful for the experience and I'm extremely thankful to my mom for taking me on my dream trip! And FYI..... it was amazing!! I wanted to show some of the photos I captured and talk to you guys about some of the things I did while I was there! Enjoy!




















One thing I want to say about this trip was that you should utilize the Subway! My mom was too scared to go on the Subway so we spent our whole trip almost walking from place to place and I don't think I've ever walked so much in my entire life! My legs could have given out any second.














Sadly it was raining the first day we arrived so we ended up doing some of the indoor attractions of NYC. We first visited The Metropolitan Museum of Art, which was absolutely amazing and humongous. I've never seen so much art in one building. I would definitely recommend taking a visit there if you're ever in New York!























One of my favorite places we visited would definitely be the 911 Museum and Monument. It was such an touching representation of the horrible events and such a great way to remember the people that were lost!




















Looking over the city was one event we had to do no matter what. I had the chance to experience this event twice, being on top of the Empire State Building a Rockefeller Center! The view was incredible and made me want to move to New York for a period in my life. I loved seeing the architecture of the buildings and seeing all of the city at once.


The highlight of my trip and my moms would by far be the Broadway Performance of The Lion King. If you have to do one thing in New York, go to a Broadway Show! I've never experienced such an amazing performance and would go back again in again if it wasn't for the hefty price tag.




















I'll lastly end with our adventure through Central Park. Gossip Girl is one of my favorite shows, and from seeing the characters walk throughout Central Park I defenitley needed to do the same. Though we didn't do too much walking due to the fact that ,my mom got a horse and carriage for us to see the whole park in!





Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments! I love the feedback!

Jay Olivia © . Design by FCD.